Monday 13 February 2012

Choizo & Beans




We had a lovely belated birthday lunch for my Mum today, I made Chorizo & Beans with roasted Polenta side.

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 chorizo (I used 3)
4red onions, sliced
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
 4 sprigs fresh oregano
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 x 400g cans white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Heat oil in a large pan over high heat, add the chorizo, onion and sliced garlic and cook for 8-10mins or golden and tender. Add the chilli, smoked paprika, oregano, tomatoes and brown sugar.
Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5mins. Add the beans and balsamic vinegar and cook for 2mins.
Enjoy
(Donna Hay)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your mum! I love this food! I had it in the weekend - a Greek version- and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.