Monday 10 December 2012

Home Made Snow Globes

This morning Master M and I made snow globes, he has wanted me to buy him some for a few years now but when I thought how we could make them together I thought we would give it a try. It was a lot of fun and in the end we had to go looking for more jars. I think we made 8 and they are now sitting on the kitchen window sill, with one delivered to Nana's.

I found some ornaments that would fit into the jars at the cheap shop.

We then cut the bits we needed.

Hot glued them to the lids making sure we had space to close the lid.

Added glitter to the water, I had read to add baby oil to the water but it ended up being a big mess. So just water.

Lid on and shake.

We think they look much better than the one you buy at the shops and made with love.

 Remember you still have till next Wednesday to enter my give away.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was such a nice thing to do together and he loved it.

      Delete
  2. awwwww....they are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thank you! What a great art project! So going to do this with my niece when she comes to stay. I have always loved snow globes too!
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, this is something we have been planning to make. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your home made snow globes!

    Kisses, Juliëtte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, they are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful ! and Magical ! I never thought that they could be made at home so simply !
    take care,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    Sometimes it's so easy to make things on your own.
    They also make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative.
    I just noticed that it says 11th December o0n these commnents! That means it is my birthday (of course it is still the 10th here!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snowglobes and have been wanting to make them for years but somehow get the feeling I'd make a big mess instead. Yours are so lovely and what a great way for the 2 of you to spend some time together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woww is a great idea, is wonderful and beautiful your blog, congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Just catching up on my blog reading.I love your snow globes, I saw them on a tv programme last year and thought they were very clever, but I have never had a go at them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your snow globes, great idea.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the result! Brilliant idea and a talented son! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely. I'm going to have a go at making one of these with my little man if we have time at the weekend. Thank you! M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.