I have made another batch of fantastic Brownies, these ones have a cream cheese swirl. I have made them before but it was a while ago now, and I needed to use my brownie tin again, well thats what I'm telling myself & you.
Cheesecake swirl chocolate browniemakes 16
Ingredients200g dark chocolate
1 3/4 cups (300g) brown sugar, lightly packed
1 1/3 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
1/4 tsp baking powder, sifted
1/3 cup (35g) cocoa, sifted
Cheesecake swirl250g cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
Method1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, and stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly
3. Place melted chocolate mixture in a bowl with the brown sugar and eggs. Whisk to combine.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour into a lightly greased 22cm tin lined with non-stick paper. Set aside.
6. For the cheesecake swirl: place the cream cheese, caster sugar and eggs into the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Place large spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and, using a butter knife, swirl to partially combine.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until set. Cool in the tin before slicing.
As many of you know Google is shutting down Google reader and GFC, I'm trying to get people to follow me now at Follow my blog with Bloglovin what a pain it all is.