Chocolate Fudge Sundae Cupcakes- Makes 24 cupcakes.
OK when I found this cup cake recipe at Cupcakery I knew I just had to make them, I think they are the tastiest cup cakes I have ever made.
- 475g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 375g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g coco powder
- 100ml coffee (I used decaf for the kids here!)
- 100g melted chocolate (at least 50% coco)
- 250ml buttermilk
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line 2 pans with 24 cupcakes cases.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until fully incorporated and looking light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla.
- Sift you flour, coco powder and baking powder together and leave to one side.
- Melt the chocolate and mix in with the coffee. Stir until smooth. Add in the salt.
- Add one third of your dry ingredients to the eggs and sugar and combine slowly.
- Add the cup of milk.
- Add one third of you dry again, mixing slowly.
- Add the oil.
- Add the coffee and chocolate and mix again.
- Fold in the remaining one third of the dry ingredients by hand using a rubber spatula. This way you ensure it stays light and fluffy and you don't over mix the batter.
- Scoop into the 24 cupcake cases, filling to about two thirds full and bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted inside comes out clean.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 200ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate (at least 60%)
- Heat the cream, like you would a ganache but do not let it come to the boil. Just a slight simmer.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and cover the bowl to retain the heat.
- Allow it to melt the chocolate for about 5 minutes and then stir it all together.
- Pop it in the fridge to cool down.
- When it's ready it'll be thick but movable. Drizzle it all over the cupcakes in any haphazard fashion you want.
I found these cup cakes over at the wonderful Blog at cupcakery, please hope over and have a look.