Monday 14 October 2013

Chocolate fudge cake


This is the cake I made for Master M's 12th Birthday, it was super easy, and so very moist and tasty.





Ingredients




  • 250g dark chocolate, broken into chunks - standard supermarket chocolate is fine
  • 300g self-raising flour
  • 300g light, soft brown sugar, plus 2 tbsp
  • 50g cocoa
  • 200ml sunflower oil, plus a little extra for greasing
  • 284ml soured cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence














Method

  • Heat oven to 160C/fan and grease and line a deep, 20cm round cake tin. Whizz the chocolate in a food processor until crumbs. Tip the flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, 150ml soured cream, eggs, vanilla and 150ml water into the largest mixing bowl you have. Whisk with an electric whisk until smooth, then quickly stir in 150g of your whizzed-up chocolate bits. Scrape into a tin, and bake on the middle shelf for 1 hr 20-1 hr 30 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin.

  • I made a Chocolate fudge sauce ganache for the icing and used  KitKat and Maltase as decoration,then a vanilla butter icing in the middle of the cake.





    Follow on Bloglovin

    19 comments:

    1. Your chocolate fudge cake looks very decadent!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am so glad you shared this!!! When I saw it in your last post it about knocked me over...thank you friend! Holy yumminess!!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Belated birthady wishes to your son.

      That is a great looking cake, my own son would love it as he loves anything with chocolate. Will definitely try it sometime soon.

      ReplyDelete
    4. That looks gorgeous! I've just printed out your recipe, looks like one to try.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I wish I had I bite right now! I love the way you decorated it!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Looks fantastic, I will definitely be trying that for one of the boys birthdays... they love chocolate cake! Julie x

      ReplyDelete
    7. That cake looks so good. Apparently over here it is national chocolate week. Quite appropriate that your cake is chocolate x

      ReplyDelete
    8. Oh my goodness! This is heaven on a plate. Looks as though I am going shopping for chocolate! xx

      ReplyDelete
    9. Wow that is such a great birthday cake ! I must try this recipe, we haven't any birthdays until February, I'm not sure I can wait that long!
      Sarah x

      ReplyDelete
    10. YUM! Hope he had a lovely birthday :o)

      ReplyDelete
    11. I'm so sorry I read that title and saw that cake. I won't sleep tonight now dreaming of licking the beaters, and digging my fork in.

      ReplyDelete
    12. It looks delicious and I love your clever decorating!
      Gracie xx

      ReplyDelete
    13. That looks absolutely amazing. You've done so well to make that!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Looks delicious and mouth wateringly scrummy.
      Patricia x

      ReplyDelete
    15. I'd be pretty darn happy if this was my birthday cake - talk about the best of both worlds with Kit Kats and Maltesers.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.