I just love the taste of almonds and lemons so when I saw the recipe for this lemon almond bread I knew it was the next thing I was going to bake. I found it very easy to make and it was so very light and tasty, I took it along to squads swimming for the mum's to eat while the kids were chasing that long black line at the bottom of the pool, everyone love the flavour combination.
ingredients:For the bread:1 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour1/2 tsp. salt1 tsp. baking powder1 cup granulated sugar2 tablespoons lemon zest3/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil2 large eggs, slightly beaten1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 tablespoons sliced almonds, for garnishing the loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350°(180) F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
6. While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze of the lemon almond bread. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the bread. Cut and serve.