This months theme for the Creative Cookie Exchange is Halloween. Halloween is not something celebrated in Australia much but it is growing in momentum each year. I was trying to think of cookies I could make with out have to buy new cookie cutters, I have a bone shape cookie cutter so I came up with the idea making these French Butter Cookies (Bones). Before I added the fondant my family thought I had mad dog biscuits.
French Butter Cookies
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack so that they can cool completely. I used a little corn syrup on each of the cookies, then added fondant cut with the same cookie cutter
The theme this month is Halloween! Spooky, silly, creepy, we’ve got it all! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Spider Covered Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Spiced Life
- Pumpkin Chip Bars from What Smells So Good?
- Headless Gingerbread Men from Noshing with the Nolands
- Swirly Halloween Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Enchanted Pumpkin Cookies from NinjaBaking
- The Witch's Cauldron Cookies from Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt
- Spider Peanut Butter Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Witch Finger Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Macarons from A Baker’s House
- French Butter Cookie (Bones) from Made with Love