Thursday 5 June 2014

Mount Wilson and The Three Sisters

 On the weekend we made our way up to the World Heritage Blue Mountains, our first stop was at Mount Wilson it's only about 11/2 from home set in a heritage garden village with avenues of trees full of Autumn colour.



We took a thermos of hot coffee and some home made biscuits and had our morning tea sitting under a lovely holly tree, not something we see in Sydney as it to hot.


We then made our way across to The Three Sisters, ( Meehni, Wimlah, and Gunnedoo).  It's a  Aboriginal legend that the sisters fell in love with with three men from neighbouring tribes and as marriage between tribes was forbidden they were turned to stone to protect them and their tribe.


Or as Science shows the sisters were formed by erosion over time  by wind and rain creating a valley and eventually The Three Sisters.
We had such a lovely day out, we are very luck to live in such a beautiful country with so much natural   beauty on our doorstep.



Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. Love the Blue Mountains! The holly tree is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mythical story of the formation of the sisters much better than the scientific explanation. There is something magical in this story.
    I am glad you had a lovely trip. I would love to visit this part of the world one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place! I cast my vote for the myth. It has a lot more character than the science. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting. I love the three sisters, what a fascinating place and a legend to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day out, it sounds great. Love the myth story.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is stunning and your photos are gorgeous friend!!! I love that old moss covered building and the views are spectacular! So glad you are able to see all of this too.... I do so enjoy seeing it through your posts!!! Happy weekend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, and so interesting! My oldest daughter's family just got back from Sisters Oregon, named after the Sisters Mountain Peaks! So glad you had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like myth more than science it sounds far more interesting doesn't it? Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this lovely day out with us the views look amazing! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous marvel and I too prefer the myth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fascinating legend about the three sisters! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the stories of legend are far more romantic than the scientific facts, don't you?! Such a lovely environment. I love your autumn photos too, my favourite season. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post and the stories behind it- it looks a great place to visit. Talking of which I would love to get your insider knowledge about Sydney..I'm heading over there soon..can I bombard you with questions?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can, would love to meet up and show you around my town.

      Delete
  15. I think your country is beautiful from the photos I have seen of it. My son has now returned from Aus but is hoping to go back again later this year, if he does I hope I will be able to visit. It is nice to see the various places on my Australian blog friends posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, it looks a lovely place to go! The mountains are incredible! Wow, and I love all the coloured shots. So beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.