After my morning walk, I came home and did some baking, ( better be sure not to eat it after all the walking I have done lately ). I made date scone then I made a date loaf. I have shared the recipe for the date loaf in an early post, here is the recipe for the date scones. And after all my hard work in the
kitchen , just when I was cleaning up, I wiped my Mobile phone into the washing up water not my day.
225g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 small egg
150ml milk ( I use 100ml)
1. Pre heat oven 200 degrees c
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into large bowl.
3. Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in chopped dates.
5. Combine the egg and milk in a jug. Stir into the flour mixture to make a sticky dough.
6. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 30 seconds
7. Cut the dough into about 8 squares or rounds, brush tops with a little milk and place on tray.
8. Bake about 10-15 mins or till golden.