Friday 18 October 2013

Sour Cream Pound Cake #BundtaMonth

Now this months Bundt a Month theme is candy, thinking about my baking I don't add candy to my baking. I had wanted to make this Sour Cream pound Cake so with the idea of sprinkling a crumbled up Violet crumble over the top of the cake was my way of adding candy to the cake.




Ingredients:

  • 225gm butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Preparation:

Heat oven to 180C. Grease a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, 1 1/4 cups of sugar, vanilla and eggs; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, blend in the sour cream.
In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Gradually stir sifted dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
  • Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using your favorite candy
  • Post it before October 31, 2013
  • Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Candy Bundt)
  • Add your entry to the Linky tool below
  • Link back to our announcement posts

Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.


If you are looking for ideas make sure you check out these amazing bundts ~

Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. Yum! Candy on top of a cake, you can't go wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of Bundt cakes; they look so festive to me, and your recipe looks yummy!
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing friend! Looks so beyond delicious! I am in next month...I have an awesome chocolate cake recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I need to get myself a bundt tin - love the shape of the cake

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep coming up with temptation!! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm your bundt cake looks devine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! If I lived nearer I'd pop round and share it!!! Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great post! Thanks for all those sweet ideas! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cake looks delicious. I have never made a bundt cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss my Violet Crumbles! They used to sell them here but no more. I love that you sprinkled it over the top of the cake, so it added just the right amount of sweetness I'm sure. If I can get my hands on some I will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.